Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Time for a Little "Spring Cleaning" or Time to Sweep the Room for Dead Flying Squirrels...

Spring is just around the corner and what better time than any to get your scrapbooking supplies organized. Ok, so I know, most of you who know me are sitting there completely dumbfounded that I am the person who is spearheading this campaign. After all, I am the world’s most disorganized person and many of you are witness to that from the pics of my scrapbook room that I have posted over the years. And yet, I still manage to find everything I need! But really, this time I think I’m really going to get organized! So join me on my journey to create a Scrapbooking Utopia (and let’s see how long I can keep my room looking good after I get it cleaned out!).

Over the years, in my quest to obtain scrapbook organization perfection, I have purchased tons of organizers and tried many methods. Many have worked, others failed miserably and still others are still sitting in their bags and boxes waiting for their chance to show me their potential. I will share with you my successes and failures and I encourage you to share yours with us.

In preparing for my journey, I have Googled a myriad of websites with tips on how to get organized. I have found a ton of very useful information on blogs, forums and You Tube.

Since I’m currently unemployed, my main goal is to do this “on the cheap”. The Goodwill, Ikea, Costco, tag sales and the Dollar Stores have become my best friend. And let’s not forget the Target Dollar Spot – cha ching!!!!! I’ve found some awesome stuff there!

So let us go forth now and begin our journey. Bring a flashlight and good shoes – you never know what you may step on – many of you may remember the dead flying squirrel story…..the good news is that it doesn’t smell funky around here so there’s a good chance that this time I won’t find anything dead behind a bookcase. I’ll let you know if that changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment